This is a Red Witch Deluxe Empress Chorus Guitar Effects Pedal. This Red Witch Pedal is a killer analog chorus pedal that produces a wide array of unique sounds. Buy Now!
The Red Witch Empress Chorus Pedal
The Red Witch Empress Chorus Pedal is a three-dimensional modulation machine, and when you couple its vast array of sounds with absolutely wicked construction and some cool graphics youve got one of the drippiest sounding chorus/vibrato pedals ever made. (Guitar Player, May 2008, Empress Chorus)
Not just any ordinary analog chorus/Vibe pedal.........The Empress offers unparalleled chorus options; an infinite number of analog chorus/vibe devices in one box...Her most enticing feature is the unique voicing control; this dial allows you to access virtually any chorus sound you could desire! It changes the delay time its on a pot so youve got an infinite number of chorus pedals in one box from super spanky sparkling clean to noisy, sea-sick inducing, pitch bending wobble. Red Witch designed a circuit that lets you adjust the delay time via a potentiometer from one extreme to the other and everything in between. In its most extreme settings the device will produce some hiss this would be expected within the last third of the voicing controls sweep.
This determines how much wet signal is mixed in with the dry. Wet to the right, dry to the left. Depth
- Allows you to control the depth of the effected sound Voicing
- This dial allows you to access virtually any chorus sound you could desire! It changes the delay time its on a pot so youve got an infinite number of chorus pedals in one box from super spanky sparkling clean to noisy, sea sick inducing, pitch bending wobble. Delay time determines a big part of any chorus units tone/flavour/sound - short delay creates a very pristine, airy chorus whereas longer delay time gives more wobble and throb. Unfortunately virtually all devices available only have one fixed delay setting or at most a choice of two or three..... Red Witch designed a circuit that lets you adjust the delay time via a potentiometer from one extreme
to the other and everything in between. In its most extreme settings the device will produce some hiss this would be expected within the last third of the voicing controls sweep. Velocity
- This dial allows you to select the speed of the sweep. From Stand Still Slow to Ring-moddishly Fast. Vibe/Chorus Switch
- Choose between Chorus or Vibrato mode. When in vibrato mode you can use the voicing dial to choose from gentle, subtle pitch shifting through to wild semitone leaps. The voicing control functions in vibe mode the same way it does in chorus mode it shifts the delay time. Nasty or Nice you choose. Stereo Out
= The lower left socket .The Empress loves to function in stereo harness her to two amplifiers and stand in between them one will carry the dry signal and the other will carry the wet. The chorusing occurs in the air between the amps. Neat. If you find the wet signal to be louder than the dry simply switch the vibe/chorus switch this will reduce the output of the wet signal. Bright switch
- This allows you to access some more sparkle on the more shimmery settings (Set
voicing anywhere between 7 oclock and 11 oclock) . Using the bright boost in more extreme settings will add significantly more top end hiss. We recommend only using it during whilst in the first ½ of the voicing controls sweep. Internal slide switch
- The Empress has two different input stages the slide switch lets you choose between them. The unit is preset by us to the Medusa input stage setting. The other position provides a little more boost and slightly different tonal response. Feel free to try both. Switching
- The Empress uses True Bypass switching. When shes not turned on shes just like a piece
of guitar cable (A ladys allowed to have some quirks!). Power
- The Empress can be powered from either a nine volt battery or an external nine volt adapter (Boss PSA styled is ideal - though anything with a 2.1mm barrel plug with a negative center pin is fine.).
Lifetime guarantee on all electronics. The best analog phase pedal on the planet!